This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SameSilkySmoothTaste #CollectiveBias
These dairy-free Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies may just be my newest favorite holiday treat. And the awesome part? Since they are dairy-free, my son even gets to enjoy a sweet treat for once!
We always have Silk® in our house, since my son drinks their unsweetened, non-GMO Soymilk (which was specifically recommended by his Gastroenterologist – read all about our dairy-free trials & tribulations here).
Why don’t you experiment with a splash of Silk® Soymilk over cereal, in smoothies and in your favorite recipes. You can swap Silk® for milk cup for cup in almost any dish, from creamy soups to tempting desserts.
Personally, I’m a big fan of Silk® Almondmilk. With a mildly nutty taste and a calorie count that isn’t nutty at all, our almondmilk is perfectly poised to become your cereal’s new best friend. Plus it can be a smart swap for milk in recipes or shakes. Every delicious glass has absolutely no cholesterol and no saturated fat. That’s what I call the power of plant-based nutrition!
Made with molasses and lots of spices, these cookies are perfect for fall and the holidays beyond.
These cookies are really quick and easy to make and look how amazing they look right out of the oven!They are crispy AND chewy and have that wonderful crackled top.
To make them extra special, I made sandwich cookies with a dairy-free buttercream as the filling. Divine!
Add a little Halloween pizzaz with some sprinkles. The kids are sure to get a kick out of them.
These didn’t last very long. I sent some to work with my husband and apparently they were devoured within minutes. That’s always a good sign, right!? Love this recipe? Then head over to the Silk Social Hub for lots more delicious recipes!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for dipping/decoration
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups confectioners sugar (sifted)
- 2 tablespoons of Silk (Soymilk, Almondmilk, Coconutmilk - pick your preference)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, molasses, and egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the molasses mixture.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in white sugar before placing 2 inches apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly press down each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 9 minutes in preheated oven. Cool on wire racks.
- Fill with frosting and sandwich together.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until a smooth frosting is achieved.
- Begin with the 2 cups of sugar, and add more sugar as needed to get the consistency you like.
- You may also alter the amount of milk as needed.
You can find Silk® in the dairy case at your local Walmart. Be on the look out for the new packaging – it’s a new look but with the Same Great Silky Smooth Taste!